Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Neilson co-founded a law firm that specialized in Tax, Estate Planning, Business Litigation and Acquisition and Sales for 24 years. He has also worked for five (5) years as an attorney for Area Counsel, Internal Revenue Service handling a wide variety of criminal tax cases and civil tax litigation in the United States Tax Court. In private practice he has handled numerous criminal and civil tax cases for both individual and corporate clients. He also handles a wide variety of commercial/tax matters including, but not limited to, mergers and acquisitions, choice of entity, business planning, counseling with other attorneys and accountants in business and domestic litigation.
Over the years, Mr. Neilson has also counseled clients with regard to estate planning matters including wills and trusts, family limited partnerships, generation skipping transfer tax issues and succession litigation in a variety of local courts.
- New York University, LL.M. in Taxation
- Loyola University New Orleans, School of Law, Juris Doctor, Law Review
- University of Pittsburg, Bachelor of Arts, 1969
- Complex Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- New York
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- Board Certified Tax Attorney
- Louisiana Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association